Time passed by so quickly, suddenly here I am in my fourth year, preparing my final project for my Bachelor in Architecture. In the past three years a lot of things happened that made me grow. I met many kinds of people and also found new friends that I hope will stay together all my life…
“You are an overachiever, do what it takes ’till it takes everything you are.”
Maybe it’s a little late, but here is my 2015 resolution:
- I want to start thinking more positively, worry less about my own competence,
Read less fiction, do more school work
- I really love reading novels, but this year it’s time to be more serious about my school. :) I’m not really happy with my grades lately, and I guess it’s because I read too much.
Draw for myself at least twice a week
- I remember I used to draw a lot when I was a child, and actually one of the reason I chose architecture for my major is because I like to draw. When I was in high school suddenly I started to draw less and less, and the rare times when I draw usually I’m not happy with the results. I want to start drawing again no matter what.
Learn at least 1 chapter a month from my Japanese text-book
- I like learning something new but usually I’m quick to abandoning these interests. I’ve always been wanting to learn a new language and already started on a Japanese text-book 2 years ago, but stopped. I want to continue it.
Participate in at least 3 architecture competitions
- I’m already participating in 2 architecture competitions right now, so I think this goal is pretty achievable for me. Maybe I’ll join another around mid-year on my school break. I think joining competitions can help me add something to my student portfolios, test the skills I’ve learned in school, or at least I can have some fun doing something other than school works with my friends. :D Continue reading 2015 New Year Resolution
This song always gives me a better mood. :D
My school break is over in 2 weeks time. As usual, I spent my holiday reading novels and comics. Last 13th-16th I also went on an excursion to Singapore (a really expensive city) with my school.
This holiday I did a lot of thinking about my life and what to do after graduation in 1.5 years time… I’m still really confused.
And another thing is I rediscovered my interests in drawing and writing. Guess this is the right time for a comeback. Hopefully a long lasting comeback.
Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
Life is but a dream
Traditional nursery rhyme
“You can’t eat pencils and spit ideas.”
– Louis Kahn
“Everything human is pathetic. The secret source of humor itself is not joy but sorrow. There is no humor in heaven.”
– Mark Twain
Watch “Greetings from Chuck Norris – The epic christmas split” on YouTube